Who We Are
The Games and Gaming Round Table (GameRT) of the American Library Association provides a venue for librarians interested in the use of games and gaming in libraries of all types a place to gather and share. GameRT was formed in 2011, replacing and extending the pre-existing gaming member interest group. As a round table, GameRT?is built around our shared passion for games and the use of gaming within libraries. With members from all types of libraries, GameRT?encompasses?a wide variety of viewpoints, situations, and user types. For more information about GameRT, you can join us on ALA Connect (even if you aren't an ALA member) or contact one of the officers directly through ALA Connect. Have an interest in Gaming in Libraries and want to get involved??Volunteer for?GameRT!
What We Do
The mission of the GameRT?is to provide the following:
- A forum for the exchange of ideas and concerns surrounding games in libraries;
- Resources to the library community to support the building and maintaining of library game collections;
- A force for initiating and supporting game programming in libraries;
- Create an awareness of, and need for, the support of the value of gaming and play in libraries, schools, and related learning communities;
- Create an awareness of the value of games and gaming in library outreach and community engagement plans;
- A professional and social forum for networking among librarians and non-librarians interested in games and gaming.